Instant Click

Saturday 27 September 2014

THE WONDERING VOYAGE

Picture Credit: drbillwooten.com

I drove past so many lives,
Wondering what stories each face could tell
I wondered about the lives I left behind
And about the lives I was out to find
I wondered about the guy who chewed with his tongue
If he knew why his path should cross,
with the blind man hawking his cross
I wondered about what my mother had said
And if  she realised she'd resounded a broken record,
More than twice
I wondered about my little ones
And how they'd wept
For no reasons when I left;
If they knew what they did,
Or did it only because they were young
I wondered about my aunt's widespread smiles,
And about time and age;
The marks they leave on a frail face
I wondered about my estranged bloodline;
And the warmth their embrace might feel
I wondered for the friends I'd kept;
About the ones that I would meet
I turned to my side;
A cranny looking man shinning dirty gold tooth at me,
I wondered about such joy that held his smile
I turned to my journey;
Wondering all over again

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Never stop to wonder where life takes us